Saturday, July 27, 2013


Emily sent us the following email on Friday, July 26, 2013:
Two days ago I went into the MTC gym  and one of the gym workers came over to me and asked me where I was going.  I said California.  I asked him where he was going and he said California too.  Based on the amount of connections that I always have to California, I should've just told him that I knew which mission was his and that it was San Fernando, but instead I said I was going to San Fernando and he told me that that was his mission.  We chatted about that for a moment and it was just crazy how all the connections work out!  
Sometimes I feel like all these little things happening are little tender-mercy-confirmations from Heavenly Father that I am going to the place that He called me to go. It took me a second to believe that, but now I know it.

Earlier that day was the day all new missionaries arrived.  I got to be a host.  I helped one girl get to her place and the rest of the time, I went around to all the cars that were pulling up and just hugged the moms.  Sisters host for sisters and elders host for elders and sometimes, the elders just stand there awkwardly and don't help everyone feel like it's going to be a positive experience.  There really is an art to hosting.  One of the moms that I took care of had her older son take a picture of me with her because I was helping her so much.  It was a really touching experience.  I actually cried about 4 times during the host part.  Which is actually terrible because I am supposed to look super happy, but I would see families saying good bye to one of their kids and all the other kids would be crying and I would start getting all teary.  There was one family of all red heads and they were so cute and all the little red headed kids hugged their brother that was leaving and then I started crying because it's like our family!!..and yea.. The Lady that was over our group came to check on me.  She told me that the more you feel the spirit the more tender your heart gets and so crying is a lot closer to the surface.  She had a daughter on a mission right now..IN SAN FERNANDO CALIFORNIA.  So yes, what are the chances! 

Emily is pointing to "San Fernando" on this map.
She will arrive on location Monday, July 29th!

No comments:

Post a Comment