Thursday, August 22, 2013


We received this email from Emily on Monday, Aug. 19, 2013:

I am very excited about the things that are happening here.  Next week I will tell you a lot more about German and Francisca.  They are incredible and they have so much faith.  I am amazed by what they live through.  They both speak Spanish, and their son Erik mostly speaks English.  Apparently he is kind of handicapped, but as of right now he isn't that noticeably behind.  He has said some really cute things to me.  You don't happen to have sheet music for a pretty Spanish baptism song?  I know it is a long shot, but I just thought I'd ask ;)  I want to make Francisca and German's baptism really special by playing 'I like to look for rainbows' or something like that.  Actually, maybe that is in the Children's hymn book too..  

I played the opening and closing hymns in Relief Society on Sunday.  I did a pretty good job.  Both of the hymns were easy.  One was Venid a Mi (Come Follow Me) and Mas Cerca Dios a Ti (Nearer My God to Thee).  So, yes!  Had it been almost any other songs, it would've been more of a struggle!  I am really excited about this!  We text them for the hymns about every day because we think we might be able to spare an hour on Wednesday to practice, but they never text us the hymns until we arrive at church, so that kind of frustrates the heck out of me.  

So right now I am at the Chapel.  This is were we do our emailing.  We just rode over here after doing our three hours of studying and our laundry.  After this we're going to have to go to the store and do grocery shopping and somehow get the groceries back home again.  (All we have is our bikes, so we have to be a bit creative) :)

We are starting to teach the English class on the 28th of this month.  Basically our companionship is completely in charge of it and I am super super excited to start!

Ok, well I love you so much!

Love, Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment