Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Emily sent a short email and some photos yesterday, October 28, 2013.  She has been transferred to a new area but I don't have her current mailing address yet.  I will post it when I do.


Dear familia,

They moved me to Santa Clarita Primero.  I am in the Santa Clarita Valley.  I am living in Canyon Country.  This is the whitest part of the mission.  My companion is named Hermana Larsen.  She was in the MTC with me, so that means that she has exactly the same amount of time in the field as I do.  She just barely finished being trained.  She was in my first district at the MTC (the one I was a part of for 4 days).  Her Spanish and my Spanish are actually about the same right now.

I am in a car and I really like it.  It feels so luxurious to drive to the places we need to go.  It is nice to have the climate controlled.  I love the place we are living.  It feels like a little cabin and I feel really safe living here.  I have been having a hard time this week because it doesn't seem like any other companionship in the mission is accustomed to working as hard as Hna. Pulver and I worked, and I still felt like we could've done more.  My new companion and I are going to do good things here, and we're going to turn things around.  I'm excited. 

Love, Hna. Emilia


The following pictures were taken at the ward Halloween party prior to Emily's transfer last Tuesday: 
This is Adrianna (the lady I told you about last time) and her little kids.

I loved the primary president (center).  She sure was spunky.


Ashlee Trujillo.  She was my favorite little girl from the ward.  Her mom did so much for everyone. 

This is one of our zone leaders: Elder Wood.  He was really nice to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment