Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Emily sent us the following email and pictures on Monday, January 6, 2014:


Hi family!

I don't have a ton of time today because I went to the temple this week and that counted as most of my p-day. 

Adrian got baptized!  It was such an incredible experience.  He had so much faith through the whole process and once he was committed, I knew that he would do it.  He had told us that he wasn't going to enter into the church unless he knew that he was going to be 100% committed, AND HE DID IT!  I think they should call him as the gospel principles teacher here in the next week!

The baptismal service was so beautiful and the spirit was so strong.  There were about as many people at his baptismal service as there usually are at church.  (This is not a joke.  There were about 60 people.) All the missionaries sang Grande eres tu and it was really pretty.  Adrian bore his testimony after the service and testified to the people that " me siento bien.  Me siento bien" .   This is a simple and powerful testimony of baptism. 

Adrian has always been such a sweet and happy man, but I'd never seen him more smiley than he was after his baptism and especially the next day at church before and after his confirmation.  Adrian is so sweet.  I can't emphasize that enough.

I had an experience being guided where the Lord needed me when I was on exchanges.  I was with another Hermana and we were working in her area and we were lead to this house.  We knocked and asked to come in and teach more.  The woman was very humble and let us it.  Before we started teaching her, she went to get her daughter to listen too, when it became evident that there was some sort of medical emergency going on in the other room.  The woman has a son that wasn't breathing and that she couldn't get conscious.  Suddenly everything turned really panicky.  This was such a freak thing to happen and I knew that we weren't there at that moment by coincidence.  I immediately tried to discern the reason that God had put us there and what it was he was counting on us doing.  It was this moment that I wished I was an Elder and had the priesthood, but I knew that God would pick his tools and he would pick the right tools to accomplish whatever task he had at hand. 

We were waiting in the room next to the bedroom when one of the children was sent out to get us.  The mom wanted us to come and help.  We quickly entered and she told us that she needed us to call to God.  I bowed my head and offered up a prayer to Heavenly Father trying just to ask for the things that would be appropriate to ask for such as..recovery for the boy if it be Heavenly father's will, to help us be his tools, help her feel the spirit and learn through her faith, etc..

At the end of the prayer, it was evident that he was breathing.  From this point, he recovered until he could weakly sit up.  I love being a missionary because we really are representatives of Jesus Christ and it is natural to boldly proclaim the truth of the Gospel.  I told her that God had put us in her house because it was her time to know that the true church of Jesus Christ was on the earth and he wanted her to be a part of it.  We told her that God was aware of her and loved her and things would be ok.  She told us that she knew we were angels sent from God to help her.  We told her our message was true. 

I received a text from the sister I was on the exchange with that they'd returned to the house and there are at least 2 baptismal dates that are pretty solid in that family.  God is preparing people and we are doing everything we can to find them.  I've learned that so much of being a missionary is just making sure that you can always have the Holy Ghost with you to guide you and let others know that you are representatives of Jesus Christ. 

If there are any new or recent converts in your ward, will you make an effort to be a genuine friend to them and help them to feel comfortable at church?   

Church members need to take care of these precious and new souls that have been brought to the truth. 

I love you all so much! 

Con amor,
Hna. Christensen
This is from Christmas eve when we went caroling!

Here is our wonderful district family.  I really love these people so much.




This was us when we went to the temple as a zone.  
All the Spanish missionaries go once every 6 months.



No comments:

Post a Comment