Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Emily sent us the following email and pictures on Monday, Nov. 3, 2014:


From: Emily Christensen <emily.christensen@myldsmail.net>
Subject: It's the final countdown!!!

Hey Mom!  Dad!

We went to the temple on Halloween and we had a blast.  Afterwards we had a barbecue with the polacios and then went home for our 7:00 curfew.  The maintenance man caught us on out way out and told us about the package for me in the office.  I'll just let these pictures my companion snapped tell you if I got and liked the Halloween package you sent. 




News about transfers: Hermana Rodriguez and I are going to stay in this area.  Yay!  So I am still a sister training leader; so is she.  We will both finish our missions here in El Camino Real.  We will be at transfer meeting tomorrow, MLC on Wednesday, and do ZTM on Friday.  This week is going to be so busy we won't even have time to breathe!

I'm starting to get really nervous about coming home.  I like the security of our little safe bubble here.  I don't like worldly things and I don't like social media.  I feel like I am going to want to go into hiding.  I don't know, but I'm not anticipating coping very well.  Our only hope is that they break out the iPads tomorrow at MLC.  That probably can't happen, but the president went to a conference and will be sharing with us what he learned with all the other mission presidents.  And we haven't shipped them back yet.  And other missions have received iPads and have had people announce that their missions will receive iPads soon.  

p.s. you should look in the "mormon newsroom" off the website and look up the article: Vatican to Host Global Meeting of Faith Leaders....etc.  I just got really excited because this is going to be a huge thing in history.  

Last Sunday Adrianna got baptized!  I found her with Hermana Pulver a year ago and after being on and off with the missionaries for 1 year, she found her resolve and she is 110% committed to the church.  She has one of the strongest testimonies I've ever seen.  She is so humble and she is a surviver.  She was so prepared for baptism and now she is a strong, faithful member, full of more light then I've ever seen.


Yesterday the 3 Higuera children got baptized!  They are so adorable and they were happy to have gotten baptized together :)



We met a really great lady named Isabelle.  She was celebrating at the birthday party of her 1 year old son and invited us along with all the other people.  I ate posoli and have a permanently burned tongue.  

We are excited to work and run until the end.  We are just going to keep pressing forward and find and boldly invite.  

I can't believe that it is really getting towards the end.  Intellectually I get it and so I am preparing things so that I don't scramble last minute.  I am printing pictures out and writing letters to people. It doesn't feel like this could really end.  I do feel a significant amount of anxiety to have to recover doing normal people things and have to deal with problems of the real world.  

I love you and I will talk to you in a week! 

Love, Hermana Christensen





No comments:

Post a Comment